Relief and Development Job Listings and Listserves:
Free online listings of open positions, consultancies and internships in the humanitarian world. Note that some of these require you to create an account in order to apply for a position. In some cases there is the option to sign up for updates by email.
- Aid Jobs (Recommended! job openings with daily updates)
- ALNAP (Job openings & consultancies)
- DevNetJobs.org (International Development Jobs & Consulting Opportunities)
- DevEx (Listing of international development job, careers, and vacancies)
- ReliefWeb Jobs (Job listings on ReliefWeb)
- GlobalCorps (U.S. Government relief and development job listings)
Services and pages dedicated to career advice for those interested in the humanitarian sector.
Support for Individuals & Families in the Humanitarian Sector:
- The Headington Institute (non-profit organization that offers a variety of psychological support, counseling and resources for humanitarian workers)
- Mindfulness for NGOs (mindfulness-based stress relief and burnout prevention for aid workers and professionals on the frontline. In partnership with Oxford University)
- Psychological Health of Relief Workers: some practical suggestions (article in Humanitarian Exchange)
- The Mandala Foundation (Australia-based non-profit organization that provides psycho-social support to the humanitarian sector, including individual aid workers)